Fall/Spring Continuous Learning
1. INTRODUCTION TO DRAWING AND RENDERING BASICS - Drawing & Rendering are keys to learning Art
● This course will introduce students to the fundamentals of good drawing, including shape, line, shadow, texture, and highlights
Through the completion of sketches, drawing exercises, and finished projects.
● Intro to types of pencils - Watercolor pencils, Graphite, Oil pastels, Crayons, and different kinds of paper
2. COLOR THEORY - Science of colors & application in Art
● Learn colors- Concept of the color wheel.
● Understanding Tints, Tones, and Shades
● Understanding warm and cool colors
● Learning about Pigments and Different medium- Watercolor, Gouache, Pastels, Acrylic & Oil of colors and
● Understanding Value scale
● Working with color schemes and practical use in Painting
3. DESIGN CONCEPTS - Composition, Harmony, Balance, Rhythm
● Aims to develop creative expression. Learn to understand the simple principles of design such as balance,
proportion, and rhythm. Learn design elements, natural and geometric shapes in the composition.
● Develop the ability to apply these principles creatively for specific purposes. Develop a sense and understanding
of color harmony and its effect.
● Develop a sense of color scheme and texture.
● Learn to incorporate decorative design-floral, geometrical or abstract, to be executed in color, with a
definite purpose. Any kind of motifs such as geometrical shapes, birds, animals, fishes, or any abstract forms.
● Introducing symmetrical or asymmetrical design.
● Learning the Negative & Positive space.
4. PERSPECTIVE- Geometry Of Art
● 3D Illusion on the 2D surface, Depth
● Developing Focal Point,
● Understanding Vanishing Points, Horizon line, Linear & Aerial Perspective.
● It's a key to painting landscapes and cityscapes.
● Understanding of Perspective is important for fields of Architecture, Engineering, CAD designers, Game designers.
5. NATURE, ANIMALS & FIGURATIVE- Seeing basics shapes & Sketching
● To develop the ability to observe and render a simple natural form. To study natural forms and their
growth and structure.
● Develop the importance of regular sketching.
● Developing the understanding of observing basic shapes to form realistic figures.
● Drawing and coloring a plant, fruit, or vegetable as realistic as possible.
● Learn landscapes and seascapes painting
● Learning realistic representation in art.
● Application of various mediums like watercolors, gouache, acrylics, mixed media to develop a finished art.
6. CLASSIC STILL LIFE - How to draw what you see
● Develop a general understanding of space organization. Develop a perspective and how to color
realistic 3-dimensional objects.
● Learn to visualize and develop the ability to draw the shapes of objects in pencil & color.
Gain a general understanding of tones.
● Learn to study forms and relative proportions.
● Here the students will learn to draw the still life composed in front of them using 3 to 5 objects.
5. MEDIUMS: ACRYLICS, WATERCOLORS, MIXED-MEDIA, INK, PEN & MORE
● Choosing the right medium and surface.
● Learning good art etiquette, setup, and cleanup.
● Developing textures, color mixing, various brushes, knives, pen & ink
● Working on various surfaces, canvas, watercolor paper, fine paper, and more
6 . OIL PAINTS - Special classes for 15 + to Adults
● Art basics are important to start with Oil painting.
7. AP ART & PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT
Private Art class offered to advanced art students who need help in AP Art, High School Drawing I & II, Perspective Drawing, Fashion Illustration, Art History, and College Portfolio Development.